Saturday, June 24, 2006

To Ponder 1 - Comparing People Leads to Favoritism

Judging, evaluating, and comparing people invariably lead us to show favoritism. Judging, evaluating, and comparing people contribute to our pride, envy, lust, and selfish ambition.

Eventually I would like to write up a more extended post on this topic. This statement is true for me. In addition to being interesting and helpful in their own right, any comments you care to make would help me write up something people might find more useful than if I just write it up on my own.

Some relevant Bible verses:

"My brothers, as believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ, don't show favoritism." James 2:1

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Matthew 7:1-2

"I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. " 1Corinthians 4:3-4

"Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, for each one should carry his own load." Galatians 6:4-5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home